I was recently interviewed by the delightful author Marina Julia Neary for her Blog. Intelligent and humorous, Marina provided unique and provocative questions that piqued my interest and kept me on my toes. I’d like to thank Marina for the opportunity to appear on her blog. It was a lot of fun!
For an always interesting read, follow Marina’s Blog and check out her book Saved by the Bang: A Nuclear Comedy. Please see my interview below:
Monday, September 28, 2015
Beautiful Monsters – Cynthia Ogren’s Hollywood-themed romance
• “Cynthia Ogren has raised the bar with Beautiful Monsters! As both a best-selling author and a publisher, I have gone into many literary worlds, into the throngs of numerous genres and I can truly say that Beautiful Monsters is one of the best summer sizzlers around. Erotic Romance is delightfully twisted and turned in this sexily created novel. Beautiful Monsters is not like other novels of this genre that I have read. This novel has a beautifully crafted foundation of plot, scenery and characters that is so exquisite and so precise that the very definition of being a page turner wouldn’t do it justice. I would highly recommend Beautiful Monsters to all readers everywhere. I am truly looking forward to a sequel!” E.K.
• “First, thank you for giving me the absolute pleasure of reading this beautiful, heart-felt, give-take piece of beautiful literature. Your words, simply made me feel like I was in the rooms with them! I loved it. Love, lust, complicated lives, and yes, I believe in love at first sight, and well worth the fight! I didn’t want it to end!” S.M.
• “I love this book so far…and that’s only the first chapter…really funny. Riley…lol…and that tongue thing…very cute….Where do I write a review?” R.W.
• “Absolute page turner, of Love, Lust, & Imagination. So well written, I couldn’t put it down! Loved It!!! Way to Go Cynthia!!!” S.M.
• “The characters in this book were so flawed but yet so likable. Cynthia did a wonderful job of drawing you into the lives of each character. Riley and Keller are the main characters in this book. They must each face their own demons and past while trying to pave a path for a future. I look forward to more from Cynthia in the future.” A.B.
• “Simply amazing book! I couldn’t stop turning the pages. I don’t normally read romance books, but this one is by far one of the best I’ve ever read. I would compare it to 50 Shades of Grey and Twilight. I’m keeping my fingers crossed for a sequel.” T.C.
• “Look out Hollywood! Your ears must be burning!!”
• “This novel from Cynthia Ogren is absolutely amazing. It really gives you the sense of being the paparazzi as you read page by page, looking into these brilliantly crafted characters’ lives from the outside.” G.T.
• “Quick, get the top Hollywood movie producers in a room and let’s see them fight over this script!” J. S.
• “I am an avid reader who enjoys a bit of scandal in the things that I read. Beautiful Monsters hooked me up to a transformer, slammed down the switch and poured on the juice! This work energized me and threw me into a world I never realized could be so intense.” S. T.
• “I have been an author for twenty plus years and all I can say about Beautiful Monsters is wow! Why couldn’t I have written this one? Guaranteed to be a best seller!!”
• “A headlong plunge into a dark and sensual universe…” T.H.
• “Beautiful people, Hollywood, romantic, sexy…I loved it!” J.W.
• “Spicy good time! Sexy summer read!” H.O.
• “Great story! Easy to read. Fantastic sentence structure! Paced well. A good mix of characters! Great job of keeping the characters real and easy to empathize with and love from the get-go. Well done!…Pivotal scenes are clear and well executed. I loved the humor, and the placement of it. It’s perfect, and never inappropriate.…The development of the relationship, and pacing of it, are great. Excellent conflict, and the conflict resolution is timed very well.” Z.B.
• “I enjoyed the book very much. I literally couldn’t stop reading it until it was finished.” M.P.
Santa Cyn and Elf Jaimie hosted a fabulous contest on my Facebook Author’s Page (Cynthia Ogren Books) to thank all my friends and readers for their support. The contest started Friday, November 28th (Black Friday) and ended Sunday, December 6th. The winners were drawn by Elf Jaimie on Monday, December 7th. And yes, I said “winners”! There were ten lucky winners and ten fabulous prizes. It was open to U.S. AND international participants. Thank you to all who participated in this contest, and congratulations to the winners! Go to Cynthia Ogren Books on Facebook and please give me a “Like”!
On Monday, November 10th I chatted with Jaimie Hope, host of Everyone Has a Story on BlogTalkRadio. We discussed my recent release, Beautiful Monsters, as well as a whole host of bookish things. I gave away a great gift package that included the following: $25.00 Amazon gift card, a signed copy of Beautiful Monsters, and a matching bookmark and magnet. Congratulations to the winner… Pamela J. Stuard of Toledo, Ohio. It was a fun, interesting show, and we had a great time! Check it out here: BlogTalkRadio.
My new Facebook business page is up and running. Stop by at the following link and give me a “like.” Cynthia Ogren Books Within in a few weeks I’ll be sponsoring a BIG Beautiful Monsters giveaway with great prizes. Stay tuned for updates!
Beautiful Monsters hits the market on August 5th! I’m thrilled and humbled by the responses I’ve received from people who’ve already read the book—and by the number of people anxiously awaiting the release date. I hope you enjoy Beautiful Monsters as much as I loved writing it. It’s been a true labor of love for me. If you purchase a copy and would like a signed book plate (for the inside cover) and a Beautiful Monsters bookmark, please send me an email with your name and address, and I’ll send them right out. Also, if you take a picture of yourself holding a copy of Beautiful Monsters and email it to me, I’ll put you in my Gallery of Beautiful Monsters. Thank you and happy reading, fellow bookies!